Miles to Go Before I Sleep

Welcome! This is the blog for my book, "Miles to Go Before I Sleep" and a forum for those who have been touched by cancer. Make comments or share your story, tips or lessons to inspire readers not only to survive but to live each day to the fullest.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm in Madrid, Spain!

I got here about 3:00 p.m. yesterday, Wednesday afternoon. It wad 90 degrees warm but not humid. I'm staying at the Plaza Mayor, a beautiful, historic building once used by royalty.

It's so beautiful here! The mixture of old, well-kept,buildings amid new office buildings. Narrow streets with smells of Spanish omelets cooked and Sangria drank.

Musicians playing and singing for outside cafe patrons. Smiling faces. Festive atmosphere with bright, arresting colors.

Women walking the streets alone at night, apparently unafraid. Flamengo dancing too sensual to describe. Smiling people treating me like everyone else, kind and helpful, with an eye toward my wallet filled with euros.

I think i'm going to like this place. Mac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home