Miles to Go Before I Sleep

Welcome! This is the blog for my book, "Miles to Go Before I Sleep" and a forum for those who have been touched by cancer. Make comments or share your story, tips or lessons to inspire readers not only to survive but to live each day to the fullest.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007



Richard Bloch

Co-founder of H. R. Bloch, entrepreneuer and volunteer, Bloch survived lung and prostate cancer and developed a center to help others live with cancer as well.
Mary Pat Gallivan, who knew Bloch and Annette, his lovely wife, sent me this quote from Bloch:
"Hope is as unique with each individual asa finger print. For some it is the hope to make acomplete recovery. But it might alsobe the hope to die peacefully; the hope tolive until aspecific event happens; the hope to live with disease; the hope to have their doctor with themwhen needed; the hope to enjoy today."

6 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing the information on Richard Bloch and the Cancer Survivor Park. Otherwise I never would have known of this important gift and contribution he and his wife made to others. pt

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks. As a cancer survivor, i'm so inspired and encouraged when I read about what he and his wife have done. I also feel less anxious about my cancer-- I feel I can continue to learn as much as I can about cancer to help me to better live with it. At the same time, I feel inspired to continue to live: To do good work in my community, travel, see my family and friends, and just have fun... Feel free to check out his websites. It will show the Cancer Survivor Parks that he helped erect in a number of cities. What a guy! mw

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A profound, beautiful thought. Thank you for sharing this.
    A fan

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mac I am truly inspired by your spirit thank you so much for teaching. Resmaa

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You write very well.

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said…

    nariah, others, thanks for the kind words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home